Sustainable Saratoga, the Children’s Museum at Saratoga and the Saratoga Springs Public Library are organizing a fair to make sustainable science education fun and appealing to families by providing hands-on learning activities that promote awareness and creativity. The Whiz, Bang, Pop – Adventures in Science Fair will be held on Wednesday, July 17 from 10 am to 1 pm.
We have a variety of science activities, all designed to be interactive and fun.
To accommodate all of the activities, the Children’s Fair will take place in two locations, the H. Dutcher Community Room at the Saratoga Springs Public Library and the parking lot of The Children’s Museum of Saratoga. It is a very short walk between the two locations.
At the Public Library:
- Wind Tunnels
- Wilton Wildlife Preserve & Park – Animal detectives
- Friends of the Kayderosseras – Wildlife in motion
- Spa State Park Creekside Classroom – Local wildlife
- Biosoil – Composting
- Ndakinna – Animal tracks
- 4-H Rabbit Club – rabbits
- Tang Museum – Art with recycled materials
- Center for the Developing Mind – Learning games
- World Awareness Museum – Art
- CMOST – Upcycling
- Price Chopper – Food activity
At the Children’s Museum:
- Friends of Moreau – Nature’s engineers
- Cornell Cooperative Extension – Rockets
- Saratoga County Soil and Water District – Erosion table
- Farmers’ Market “POP” club – Food science
- Waldorf School – Save the bees!
- Children’s Museum at Saratoga – Engineer a rescue
- Sustainable Saratoga – Engineering with Water
- Ice Hockey – Fun with ice
We are busy finalizing all of the details, so check back soon for more information, including a complete description of the day’s activities.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The event is being held in two locations: the H. Dutcher Community Room at the Saratoga Springs Public Library and the parking lot of the Children’s Museum of Saratoga. These locations are very close to each other and it is quick and easy to walk between them.
Yes, the Children’s Fair will take place regardless of the weather. The outside activities are located under a tent, so rain will not deter the fun!