Come share your sustainable ideas for our city!
Join Sustainable Saratoga for a Community Forum on Sustainable Ideas for Saratoga Springs’ Comprehensive Plan.
Thursday, January 31, 2013
7:00 – 8:30 PM
Empire State College,
2 Union Avenue, Saratoga Springs
The City of Saratoga Springs is updating its Comprehensive Plan.
(Psst…what is that?)
The Comprehensive Plan sets the policies that guide future growth and development in our city by addressing issues such as land use, transportation, energy, open space, and housing.
Program: Doug Melnick, Albany’s Director of the Office of Energy and Sustainability, will present Albany’s innovative plan. (Click here for their draft plan). The forum will then focus on your ideas for the sustainable future of Saratoga Springs.
A revised Comprehensive Plan could address the following issues:
- Smart growth land use policies
- Greenbelt bike/pedestrian trail around and throughout the City
- Policies on development in new flood prone areas
- Green infrastructure
- Solar energy for city buildings
- Higher energy efficient standards in new construction
- and more……